Counter-Strike 2 is in closed beta as Valve exams its new options, revised maps and up to date engine. That restricted check has simply been up to date to swap two maps, Nuke and Workplace, for 2 extra, Vertigo and a massively overhauled Overpass, in addition to including two-on-two Wingman mode.
“We’re excited to ship our first overhauled map in Counter-Strike 2 restricted check, de_overpass, together with de_vertigo,” tweeted the Counter-Strike official account. “Vertigo is playable in Informal and Deathmatch modes. Overpass is accessible to play in Informal, Deathmatch, Aggressive and Wingman (new!).”
Overpass is a map initially added to Counter-Strike: International Offensive and created in-house by Valve itself, set round a canal overpass in Berlin, Germany. It feels prefer it’s had a serious overhaul for Counter-Strike 2, even in the best way it appears. Take a look at the good oily movie on the water’s edge on this clip, additionally shared on Twitter:
— CS2 (@CounterStrike) July 17, 2023
Handle your cookie settings
Wingman mode, in the meantime, was equally launched in a CS:GO replace and options squads of two, shorter spherical timers, and scaled-down variations of present maps.
The total replace patch notes comprise a handful of different minor adjustments and fixes.
( LABORATORY EQUIPMENT )
- Undo/redo buttons enabled
- Varied bug fixes
( VARIOUS )
- Added “Secondary Fireplace Maintain” choice to the enter settings menu
- The halftime countdown is now seen
- Fastened a case the place the digicam wouldn’t interpolate accurately when switching between chase and spectator modes whereas roaming.
- Fastened a case the place the visible mannequin weapon would disappear for a body when switching the spectator goal to eyes.
- Added main zeros on the StatTrak type
- Fashions and glove put on at the moment are extra aligned with CS:GO releases
- Varied enhancements to foil stickers
- Varied changes to the dimensions of stickers utilized to weapons
There’s at present no solution to request entry to Counter-Strike 2, with Valve as a substitute handing it out to gamers who frequently soar into Counter-Strike: International Offensive. It is usually unknown when it should get a full model.